Sunday, May 30, 2010

Birthday Cake For Mum


Made this pandan fudge cake at the request of my mum for her birthday. Come to think of it, this is my 4th time baking it. As I have too many recipes on hand to try out, I hardly bake the same cake more than twice especially cakes that would require more attention.


Among all my attempts, I am most satisfied with this. I cut down on the amount of pandan paste and included pandan juice for the 1st time. The results were good. Compared to the previous attempts, I managed to obtain even layers for the cake and pandan fudge. The topping was done simply by melting semisweet dark chocolate and piping them out into words. After tasting the cake, I realised that chocolate and pandan do compliment each other well.

Pandan Kaya Cake (Recipe from Aunty Yochana's blog)
Recipe

2 comments:

  1. Your pandan fudge cake looks good. The coconut at the sides made the cake classier and more professional too! The layers were also so even. Well done Bakertan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi passionate about baking,

    thanks you =]. i'm far from professional and still have a lot more to learn. hope to be a professional baker one day.

    ReplyDelete

Dear readers, thanks for visiting my humble little blog. Feel free to leave a message so that I can learn and be a better baker. Its a great feeling to share our culinary experience and adventures in the kitchen.

Thank you and have a nice day! Cheers =]

Related Posts with Thumbnails